The cuticle is a delicate, clear layer of skin that runs down the bottom of your finger or toe. The nail bed is the name for this area. When fresh nails grow out from the nail root, the cuticle protects them from bacteria. The skin around the cuticle is extremely sensitive. It has the potential to become dry, damaged, and infected. To maintain your nails healthy, it’s critical to take care of the entire nail region and keep it clean. Continue reading to learn more about the cuticle and how to care for it. Nail salon appointments are on hold indefinitely as we all do our part to help level the curve. As a result, you might be wondering how to keep your nails and cuticles healthy right now, such as how to do an at- home manicure without making a mess, or how to remove a gel or dip manicure without hurting your nails. If this is the case, don’t worry; we’ve got you covered. Here are some basic suggestions to help you keep your nails and cuticles healthy right now (as well as some tips to keep them looking pretty) First and foremost, avoid trimming or pushing back your cuticles. Leave them alone, except to keep them hydrated. This is why: The nail matrix, also known as the nail root, is located beneath the cuticle.
The cuticles are just skin that covers the matrix and the new nail as it grows. During salon manicures, cutting or pushing back cuticles is common procedure; however, put down the cuticle cutters and wooden pushers. The cuticle protects the nail matrix from bacteria and other germs entering the body, which can cause infections. Though many people believe that cuticle knowledge is only required during a nail manicure, cuticles serve a variety of functions and demand special attention.
Cuticles are the portion of the epidermis that protects the entire nail matrix. Follow these methods to groom and care for your client’s cuticles.:-
1) Cut the cuticles only when absolutely necessary. As a result of the open and wide cuticles, diseases and germs can enter the body. As a nail technician, you must have a thorough understanding of the anatomy of the nails. If necessary, trim the cuticles, but first soften the skin of the cuticles using a Cuticle Remover or soak the fingertips in warm water. Pay close attention to the health of your cuticles.
2) To make your nails appear longer, you can push back the cuticles with a orange stick is a smart move.
3) Keeping your cuticles hydrated and nourished is critical. Cuticles get dry, and as a result, the nails become brittle and cracked. To maintain the skin nourished and healthy, apply an excellent moisturiser to the cuticle area.
4) Tell your manicurist that you only want your cuticles pushed back softly with an orange stick before you get your nails done. If they’re squeezing the cuticles too hard, tell them to stop right away. Infected Cuticles A skin infection around your cuticles is known as paronychia.
Tenderness around the nail, as well as redness of the skin around the nail, are possible symptoms, blisters with pus. nail detachment alterations in nail shape, color, or texture. Paronychia can usually be treated at home in mild cases. In more serious cases, your doctor may prescribe an antibiotic or antifungal medicine. Consult your doctor if you’re suffering from chronic paronychia. To protect your clients nail health is the most important duty of the nail technician.
So here comes the most significant question that is how to know about cuticle care. Cuticles are the tiny little pieces of skin that hold lot of power to keep your nails healthy and strong. So the nail technician should never neglect the health of the cuticle as it may lead to brittle and cracked nails.
Here are 5 important tips to keep your client’s cuticles healthy and nourished :-
1) This is the common mistake which most of the nail technicians do is not being aware of the correct position of the cuticle part. For this, one must first identify the nail matrix, which is the small area of living tissue below the eponychium that creates the nail cells.
2) During providing nail manicure service, one should not place any instrument or nail tool underneath the nail fold, as it could lead to nail injury and infection.
3) During nail prep, use GLAM Cuticle Remover. The Glam Cuticle Remover cleans and removes dry cuticles around the nails. It easily eliminates superfluous dry skin from finger nails and gives them a makeover. Within 30 seconds of application, it softens the cuticle, allowing it to be pushed easily with a pusher. It’s a cuticle remover that works quickly and smells fantastic. Cuticle remover can provide quick and effective results without the need for a second application. It’s also worth noting that this mixture is completely safe and does not create any long-term skin discoloration.
4) To remove the dead skin you can use GLAM Nippers which have sharp blade that cuts the dead skin very efficiently without any harm on the cuticle area.
5) You can also use GLAM Cuticle Pusher during the nail prep time if required. As the pusher helps push away the extra cuticles very effortlessly. Just remember to have a firm grip on the Pusher while using it.
6) After getting your nails done, apply GLAM 11 in 1 Nail Care Treatment on the cuticles of your nails to complete your manicure. All nail problems are solved with Glam 11 IN 1 Nail Care. The healing solution is made up of natural and healthy substances that have been incorporated to address 11 typical issues that everyone faces. Almond Oil, Grapeseed Oil, Wheatgerm Seed, Vegetable Oil, Olive Oil, Coconut Oil, Shea Butter, Kokum Butter, and Vitamin E Acetate are some of the unique extracts and essential oils found in it. Each ingredient serves a specific purpose in providing total nail care. There are no dangerous chemicals present that could cause a reaction in your nails or skin. It’s a completely vegan product.
7) After your nail manicure is finished, you can use Glam Cuticle Oil Pen on your cuticles. Glam Cuticle Oil Pen preserves the cuticle from daily wear and tear while also healing it to keep cuticles in good shape. Extreme cold, sun, chlorine, or soapy water can cause chapping, cracking, and drying of the cuticles.
Cuticle oil increases circulation around the nails, which may assist to accelerate nail growth. It will help to protect the nail and cuticle from any possible harm. Grape seed oil, natural keratin, organic calcium, safflower oil, Vitamin E, Vitamin D, sesame oil, and silk porcine are used in the Cuticle Oil Pen to keep your cuticles looking healthy and clean on a daily basis.
All of these professional items are available at https://www.thenailshop.in/ which is a one-stop store for all of your nail needs.
Why it is important to maintain hygiene of nail tools? In a professional nail salon or nail spa hygiene and cleanliness is must. Primarily all the nail tools and equipment should be sterilized and disinfected before coming into direct contact with a client. The fact is that skin cells, bacteria, or infections usually remain on the tools after the manicure. If a nail technician doesn’t sterilize the instruments, the clients’ health will be harmed the next time. Cleaning and disinfecting the nail tools can provide you healthy and strong cuticles and nails. A good nail technician always takes a responsibility for sterilizing tools on herself. Professional nail salons and nail spas usually have different tools and disinfection liquids for cleaning and disinfecting manicure sets. But basically sterilization isn’t one-action procedure.
A nail technician should follow 4-step sterilization process:
1) Disinfection – the procedures for disposing bacteria on the surface of manicure instruments.
2) Presterilizing cleaning – the process of removing mud and oils from the tools.
3) Sterilization – the complete destruction of microorganisms of all kinds that are on the surface and inside the manicure tools.
4) Additional cleaning. It includes the disinfection of the hands of the nail technician, the client, as well as working station.
Alcohol free hand sanitizers should be used to sanitize the whole nail station. It is critical to take care of your cuticles for your health. They protect the region around your nails from infection. Always stay away from nail salons that don’t clean their tools. If you’re uncomfortable, tell the technician not to clip your cuticles.
The Nail Shop, which is a “One-Stop Shop” for authentic nail goods, including nail polishes, gel polishes, nail lacquers, nail treatments, finishing products, manicure and pedicure products, files, tools, acrylics, and more, has all of the products mentioned in the previous blog. It is India’s only portal where both salon professionals and nail lovers (consumers) can get great deals and prices on a wide range of nail products. You can directly click on this link for more details https://www.thenailshop.in/